Re: How to use the trace facilities

Thanks for the reply, Andrew.  It seems that the trace messages that
are causing me problems are not conditionally enabled.  For example,
the ones in clock.cxx and mlqueue.cxx are generated with
CYG_REPORT_FUNCTION(), which is unconditionally enabled when I
configure with CYGDBG_USE_TRACING.  And it appears that I can't
locally override that configuration option in those compilation units
because cyg_trac.h includes pkgconf/infra.h directly (where it is
defined).

I feel like I'm missing something obvious...

Rob.

On 4/16/07, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 16, 2007 at 05:18:11PM -0700, Rob Duncan wrote:
> I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how to use the trace
> facilities.  I have configured my system with CYGDBG_USE_TRACING
> enabled (and I also have CYGDBG_USE_ASSERTS enabled), and I am getting
> a lot of messages generated from the kernel.  For example:

> TRACE: clock.cxx           [ 706] void Cyg_Alarm::initialize()
> TRACE: mlqueue.cxx         [ 276] void Cyg_Scheduler_Implementation::rem_thread()
> What is the recommended way of turning all of these off and
> restricting the tracing to the code I explicitly want enabled?

There are lots of comments in the header file
packages/infra/current/include/cyg_trace.h.

Basically you need to turn it on/off per compilation unit using
#defines.

Andrew