Re: minimum execution time with ecos

On 2007-04-13, Grant Edwards <grante@visi.com> wrote:
> On 2007-04-13, M Arshad Khan <marshadkhan@gmail.com> wrote:

>> i want to run a simulation on ecos that will run in less then
>> a tick(10mSec), is it possible and want to find its exact
>> execution time.. how to find that.
>
> That's a completely different question.  The minimum delay has
> nothing to do with the granularity with which you can measure
> time.  There's a call you can make to return the number of
> hardware timer counts since the last system timer tick.

I forgot to mention -- the granularity of that method is also
platform dependant, but it's also probably on the order of tens
or hundreds of nanoseconds.

Again, you should look at the tm_basic sources, they do exactly
what you're trying to do: measure the execution time of a
function.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I brought my BOWLING
                                  at               BALL -- and some DRUGS!!