Re: eCos on Windows without Cygwin

On 2007-03-01, Øyvind Harboe <oyvind.harboe@zylin.com> wrote:
> On 3/1/07, Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> wrote:
>> > As far as I know, MinGW binaries of GCC toolchains + eCos tools is the
>> > most tantalizing prospect.
>>
>> I've little interesting in using eCos on M$ platforms, so i don't
>> follow the discussion in too much depth, so take all my comments with
>> a pinch of salt.
>
> Thanks for the feedback!
>
> I wish Linux was the standard development platform(I certainly would
> have preferred it), but alas e.g. w/FPGA development thrown in, one
> can easily be locked into M$.

So tell the FGPA vendor to pull their head out of their ass and
provide Linux tools.  Windows is for games and spreading malware.

Or use Windows for FPGA devel and Linux for SW devel (that's
how it works for all of the eCos projects I've worked on).

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I request a weekend
                                  at               in Havana with Phil