Re: problem with layered drivers

On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 12:46:22PM +0100, Michele Paselli wrote:
> Hi,
> one more question, where should I start the demux thread? Is it
> allowed to start a thread in the driver of the PSoC? In the the device
> driver API  function (cyg_drv_xxx) there aren't functions like
> create_thread or resume_thread, am I allowed to use them anyway?

Think about the meanning of the word driver, with respect to eCos and
embedded systems. Does it actually all have to use the cyg_drv
interface or can some of it live in "user space". Maybe a more
suitable architecture is to have a normal serial device driver using
the cyg_drv_xx API calls. You demultiplexing thread is then custom to
your specific needs. Your can provide a function that the
"application" calls to start the thread.

       Andrew