Re: Where to get a previous version of prebuilt GNU toolchain?

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 03:32:20AM +0000, wang cui wrote:
> I have built a previous verion toolchain with below sources for target
> arm-elf
> arm-elf_binutils-2.13.1
> gcc-core-3.0.4
> gcc-g++-3.0.4
> newlib-1.11.0
> insight-6.1
> Of course these sources are patched as
> http://ecos.sourceware.org/build-toolchain.html
>
> So far, with compile option "-gdwarf-2 -O0", the generated .elf file can be
> eaten by AXD 1.3.1 and most of the codes can be cross debugged now. But
> there are still some problems:
>
> 1. the listed file info in AXD is just raw file name without path, such as:
> "alias.c", "arm_stubs.c", etc. Thus I must specify each source file
> manually when debuging, and it's really bothering.
> I am sure when I built application with Windriver Tornado 2.2's gun
> toolchain bdfore, the generated image(elf format) contains absolute file
> path info as "C:\Tornado2.2\target\config\all\bootConfig.c", etc. Then the
> AXD can locate all source directly.
> So is there some options I should add/modify to generate absolute/relative
> file path info?

This is probably an AXD problem, not a gcc problem. Just as a test,
use gdb and see if it knows the full path. I think you will find it
does.

A long time ago there was a discussion about how AXD does not properly
implement dwarf2. I would of assumes this would of been fixed by
now. Or are you using an old version of AXD?

     Andrew