Asserts and Tracing kills my App

Hi,
I'm currently writing a simple CLI app in C++ (the CLI loops in it's own
thread) and I have tried to use the Asserts and Tracing functionality.
However, when I select it in the config (it seems to be anything - just "Use
asserts", or just "Use tracing") and build the app it just seems to die at
start up. Well, I don't get anything coming out on the console anyway.

I'm sure I've configured something wrong somewhere but I can't work out
what. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,
Best regards,
Tim Hatton