Re: AW: [OT] minicom upload missing files

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006, Neundorf, Alexander wrote:

Hi Patrick,

Von: ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org
[mailto:ecos-discuss-owner@ecos.sourceware.org]Im Auftrag von Doyle,
Patrick

Hi folks!
This is definitely off-topic for eCos discussions, but I
imagine that there are folks on this list who use minicom on a regular basis.
Some of them may even use minicom on a recent RedHat/Fedora based system.  So...

When I use minicom to send binary images to my target, and I enter "C-A" "s"
to send the file, the directory listing does not include all of the files in
the named directory.  I've seen this for some time on other folks
(RedHat/Fedora) machines, but it hasn't bothered me because, well, it worked
fine on my (SuSE) machine.  But I recently switched to FC5, and now it
bothers me... :-)

Has anybody else (outside of DTC) seen this?  Has anybody
figured out the root cause and fixed it?

<self_advertising>

Just try cutecom ( http://cutecom.sf.net ), it should do (almost) everything minicom does. If there's something missing, send a feature request to the developer ;-)

</self_advertising>

I prefer to use a `runscript' with minicom. Sometimes, files are located so far from minicom upload directory. Usually, those are the eCos tests.

I add a simple rule to Makefile:

load: ${DST}
	rbld ${DST}

and then do `make load'

Here is my `rbld' (redboot load) shell script to upload a code with
RedBoot xyzmodem. For details: man runscript.

usage: rbld <filename> ?-b?

Sergei