Re: Fault Injector about eCos

[Archiving to ecos-discuss]

Please keep replies on the mailing list. That way everyone gets to see
the answers.

<lylewang@yahoo.com.tw> writes:

> Thanks a lot.
>
> The fault injector that you are familiar with is for
> what kind of processor? Hardware-specific or not?
> Open-source or not?
>
> Could you give me some infomation about that(like
> website or DOC)? I need the injector for reference.
> This is because I still need an fault injector on ARM
> processor for other research. The worst case is that I
> have to write a new one.

I don't have any specific knowledge of any particular software. My
information is based on having read a paper or two on the subject
several years ago.

I suggest you try Google and see what pops up.

However, my point is that even if you try writing something, it will
either crash the machine very quickly, or have to be so careful not to
destroy important data structures, that it won't usefully test
anything. eCos is simply not fault tolerant in the way you seem to
want to test.

--
Nick Garnett                                 eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com            The eCos and RedBoot experts