Re: Huge memory footprint for a simple "hello world"

On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 11:40:54AM +0200, Socrates Socrates wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Since I have successfully built redboot and uploaded it onto the
> board. What steps do I need to get a simple hellow world app running?

> I was/am of the impression that from the directory where I built
> redboot, the only file I need was the target.ld file? Am I correct?

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/user-guide/user-guide-programming.html

You first need to build eCos for real applications.

ecosconfig new eb55
ecosconfig tree
make -s

What ends up in the install directory is what you need for building
applications. You will find all the include files the application
needs, the library containing eCos, the linker file etc.

You can also build the eCos tests

make -s tests

They will then be placed into the install/tests directory tree. The
following page shows you have you can download the test and run it.

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/user-guide/using-commandline-testcase.html

Once you have that working try an hello world:

http://ecos.sourceware.org/docs-latest/user-guide/building-and-running-sample-appliations.html

You download and run this in the same way.

    Andrew