RE: Failsafe Firmware Updates

>At some point after my new linux image is up and running I want it to set some kind of flag in flash that informs Redboot >that the image should be regarded as suitable for booting in future.
>If Redboot sees that flag is not set then it will fallback to booting the second linux image.

	I think that when Linux starts, RedBoot is not executed any more. Only if linux was aware of the fail and returned to it, it would be possible to "recover" RedBoot. I think.

	I have a program which executes before loading linux kernel. This program checks the CRC of the linux image, and compares it with the correct one, saved at the end of the image. If the kernel is not correct, it tries to restore it with the backup image.

	Again, it doesn't work if, for any reason, the kernel fails. In my opinion, you need a watchdog.

	Alex Bueno