RE: Serial port problem

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your reply.

I have checked my printer's configuration. It does not work in flow control
RTSCTS_OUT (i.e.  Flow control for outgoing packets) for all other flow
control it works. I have cheked this using my java code and javax.comm
library.

I tried followings:

1. In the ecos image I checked the flow control setting which was set to
software control. I changed that to hardware and the mode to "NONE".
2. In redboot I don't see any flow control option in serial device driver
package. So my question is how do I set the option to "hardware/NONE" in
redboot image? I have built redboot by following ecos eBook.

One more observation
********************

When I change the serail port baud rate to 19200
(cygnum_hal_virtual_vector_console_channel_baud and
cygnum_hal_virtual_vector_debug_channel_baud in redboot image) my ethernet
connection became very slow and I was not able to load my applications on
target device (I have explained my hardware setup in my previous mail,
basically I use tcp/ip to connect to target device using hyperterm). I could
not quite relate this as I changed the baud rate of serial port and how this
should effect the network speed etc. Once I changed this back to 38400
(default) I was able to load apps again.
I was trying 19200 (as this is the baud required by the printer).

Thanks,
Ubhay Kumar
Jr. Architect
Induslogic Inc.
The Leader in Software Product Engineering
B-34/1,  Sector 59
Noida, India 201301
Phone + 91.120.434.2302
Mobile +91.981.120.4901