Re: Compiling eCOS with IAR

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 01:32:53PM +0200, Emmanuel Viollet wrote:
> Hi.
>
> This may seem a stupid question, but is it possible to compile eCOS
> using the IAR compiler? From what I gather, IAR is much more efficient
> in terms of code space that GCC...

It is unlikely IAR will work. eCos uses quite a few gcc extensions.

If you need to make your application smaller i found that -Os has a
big effect compared to -O2 which is the normal eCos default. Also gcc
has been steadily getting better at producing smaller code. So try
using gcc 4.1. If RAM is a problem try tuning your stacks. For some
applications the default stack size is bigger than what is actually
needed. There is code to monitor stack using you can turn on.

        Andrew