Re: debugging gcc compiled code with AxD

On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 11:12:18AM -0700, James Zipperer wrote:
> I'm trying to use AxD/Multi-ICE to debug a redboot elf image.  When I
> try to load the image in AxD, I get the following error:
>
> DBE Warning 00255: WIN32 exception code 0xc0000005 was caught in
> dbess_image\dbt_image.cpp:160
>
> Does anybody know how to get around this or have any recommendations for
> debugging over Multi-ICE?

This is probably AxD not understanding something in the ELF image. I
know a long time ago some of the ARM tools had a different idea about
how to interpret the elf or was it the dwarf2 standards which resulted
in the ARM tools not liking images compiled by gcc. I thought this was
sorted out a long time ago.

I suggest you file a bug report with the AxD people including the
image which is causing the problem.

        Andrew