Help getting started: PCI/USB

Dear group,

I have been tasked with a project that involves a PCI-to-USB slave
device on a PC platform. This is supposed to allow the PC to act as a
USB slave. I'm trying to get my head around what all I need to do to
get this up and running, while trying to understand eCos, and hope
someone out there can shed some light. Here are some thoughts:

1. Would the driver for this device be a USB driver wrapped in a PCI
driver? Would I look at existing eCos PCI and USB drivers and create
some sort of hybrid of these?

2. The PC bios configures the PCI bus and devices. This means CPU-PCI
address translation is unknown to eCos, correct? How can I fill in
this information when this configuration has been skipped? (Doesn't
redboot have to do this?)

3. Is this something that might be contributable to the eCos project
when complete?

That's all for now. Thanks for any help!