Re: Strange DELAY macro in hal_platrom_setup.h

Mark Salter wrote:

> Your analysis is correct. This macro should have the delay enabled. I
> probably turned off the delay for some debugging purpose and forgot to
> turn it back on. The delay is necessary according to the docs but it
> seems that it almost always works without the delay. It may take many
> reboots before it fails to initialize SDRAM correctly, but I believe
> that it will fail eventually.

Without the delay SDRAM initialization would reliably (heh) fail on my
board at temperatures above ~ 40 C.  I did intend to report this to this
list but it seems I forgot. Sorry.  I think at the time I was busy
rolling out updated RedBoot images to (rightfully) irate customers...

David Vrabel
--
David Vrabel, Design Engineer

Arcom, Clifton Road           Tel: +44 (0)1223 411200 ext. 3233
Cambridge CB1 7EA, UK         Web: http://www.arcom.com/