Re: dropped UDP packets on 8270 PowerPC board

Gary Thomas wrote:

On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 09:37 -0500, Paul Randall wrote:

Andrew Lunn wrote:

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 05:34:33PM -0500, Paul Randall wrote:

Andrew Lunn wrote:
I tried setting a breakpoint in udp_usrreq.c but Insight would not let me put a watch on the udpstat structure so I could not get a breakdown of the bad packets.

Try a breakpoint at udp_usrreq.c:435.

Otherwise just hit the stop button then take a look at cyg_udpstat and
cyg_ipstat.

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

I ran my application for a few minutes during which time the application detected 20 missing packets based on the sequence number. Then I stopped the debugger and looked at the cyg_udpstat and cyg_ipstat structures.

For cyg_udpstat, the only non-zero counts were:
ipackets 60278
noportbcast 22
opackets 1404

For cyg_ipstat the non-zero counts were:
total 60278
noproto 4
delivered 60278
localout 3868
tooshort 1

The packets I am receiving (some of which are lost) are usually 1200 bytes long although a few are smaller. The packets I am sending are 512 bytes long.

So I'm still at a loss as to where or why the packets are being dropped. Any other suggestions?

Are you running the debugger (RedBoot/GDB I assume) via serial or network?

I'm running Insight over the serial port.

Today, I put my RTP sequence number checking code in fcc_eth_RxEvent of the if_fcc.c driver code. I see the same missing sequence numbers there that I see at the apllication level.

I also noticed that in if_fcc.c, the interrupts are not enabled for RXB or BSY. I tried enabling them, but I never get those interrupts.

Thanks for your help guys.

Paul