stdout not printing into monitor

Hi, I am new to eCos.

 I created a configuration (with template i386 PC Target default as a
 starting point)  without ROM monitor support and with GRUB as startup type.
 Next I compiled sucessfully the Hello World example application and created
 a boot floppy with GRUB for launching the Hello Horld application.
 It happens that after booting with this floppy I don't see the
message Hello World
 on the screen... (I've setted up GRUB correctly, and GRUB doesn't
 complain about anything at startup)
 Isn't stdout binded with my VGA display by default?

 I also tryed with FLOPPY startup type and got the same problem (converted
 first the elf application into binary mode using i386-elf-objcopy and then
 used dd to transfer it to the floppy)

 Thanks,

--
Filipe David Borba Manana,