This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: ixp42x NPE networking build issue.
- From: Mark Salter <msalter at redhat dot com>
- To: Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity dot com>
- Cc: eCos Mailing List <ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:15:05 -0500
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] ixp42x NPE networking build issue.
- References: <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 17:56 +0100, Karel Gardas wrote:
> I'm experimenting with CVS eCos and trying to get it working for ixp42x
> board including NPE ethernet support. I've downloaded:
> files from intel.com and installed them following their documentation.
> Unfortunately when I try to build ixdp425 with NPE Ethernet with `all'
> packages, I get this error message:
> error: #error "Need something for non-RedBoot case!"
I think the error message is a pretty good clue.
> Has anybody here succeed compiling this stuff?
email@example.com got the older NPE driver working as a full eCos
driver. But the 2_01 Intel code is a good bit different and I wasn't
able to include Jerzy's work due to time constraints in the contract
that paid for the RedBoot-only port.
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss