This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: eCos on x86
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>
- To: Venky <venky at solitontech dot com>
- Cc: ecos-discuss at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 14:00:23 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] eCos on x86
- References: <20051227205809.GC12502@lunn.ch> <!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAALEj7FtYOXUqXDI8V3FAil8KAAAAQAAAAV5JM0Yxs/Uq0MEloXDt+5AEAAAAA@solitontech.com>
On Wed, Sep 28, 2005 at 05:39:10PM +0530, Venky wrote:
> I am not using Intel PCI 82559 Card. I am using 915GV Motherboard build
> in Ethernet Port.
> For supporting this Ethernet card what should I do?
First you need to find out what exactly this ethernet device is. Maybe
you should read the manual for the motherboard or search the
Internet. Once we know what the device is we can tell you if it is
supported or not.
> Or for starting I should go with i82559 Ethernet card?
You could do that as well.
> Some time back I was trying to install Linux for desktop on this
> machine. But Linux also not detecting Network and sound card interface
> (Tried with Fedora 4 and Madriva) on this PC (P4 HT 3GHz Intel 915 GV
So it is probably something unusual, so it is less likely that eCos
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss