This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Dual Ethernet Cards of Intel i82559 for Intel IXDP465 platform
- From: clemens fischer <ino-qc at spotteswoode dot dnsalias dot org>
- To: ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 18:37:34 +0100
- Subject: [ECOS] Re: Dual Ethernet Cards of Intel i82559 for Intel IXDP465 platform
- References: <C66EAB9D6248A24E8021779A4854544188C154@taipei03.ADVANTECH.CORP>
Robin.Lin in <C66EAB9D6248A24E8021779A4854544188C154@taipei03.ADVANTECH.CORP>:
> When I enable two Ethernet cards support of Intel i82559 for Intel
> IXDP465 platform, I get some problems.
> If I set the both IP address in the same domain, such as 192.168.0.1
> and 192.168.0.2, subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and default gateway is
> It seems work fine. But actually, when I ping the first Ethernet
> card, I get reply packet from the first Ethernet card. And then I
> ping the second Ethernet card, I ALSO get reply packet from the first
> Ethernet card.
could be the ARP protocol decided that the first ethernet card is the
best route. can you use "etherreal" to watch your net? "ping" is not
the best tool for layer-2 protocols.
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss