Re: Dual Ethernet Cards of Intel i82559 for Intel IXDP465 platform

I'm not sure that the behavior you describe is
incorrect.  From the IP stack's viewpoint, it is
trying to forward an ICMP response, and it'll take the
shortest path.  If the IP stack's route to the subnet
is via eth0, then it'll use eth0 regardless of what
interface the packet was received on.  This is
especially true for ICMP traffic since it isn't bound
to an IP address.

You might consider writing some TCP code and using
bind(...) to specify the source ip address you'd like
to use.  That might provide different results.

-- Matt