This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
AMD Flash Driver Problem with CYGNUM_FLASH_16AS8
- From: Jay Foster <jay at systech dot com>
- To: ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Cc: Jay Foster <jay at systech dot com>
- Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 14:11:11 -0800
- Subject: [ECOS] AMD Flash Driver Problem with CYGNUM_FLASH_16AS8
I have several targets using the AMD flash driver with the following devices
AM29LV081B, AM29LV017D, and AM29LV033C (S29AL032D).
I want to add the AMD AM29LV160 (S29AL0160D) part, but ran into the
Each of these flash devices is used in the 8-bit mode. For the existing
parts, CYGNUM_FLASH_16AS8 needs to be defined as 0 (or left undefined). For
the new part, CYGNUM_FLASH_16AS8 needs to be defined as 1. Obviously,
CYGNUM_FLASH_16AS8 cannot be defined as two different values at the same
It seems that this should also be parameterized in the flash parts table
entries, so that these parts can be supported simultaneously. Has anyone
else encountered this problem?
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss