This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: JFFS2 possible error on sign of ENOSPC error
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>
- To: Stephane Royo <stephane dot royo at europe-technologies dot com>
- Cc: ecos-discuss at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 19:55:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] JFFS2 possible error on sign of ENOSPC error
- References: <email@example.com>
On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 04:05:30PM +0100, Stephane Royo wrote:
> By using the JFFS2 support, i encountered a small problem about the sign of
> error ENOSPC, in all code we can find "return -ENOSPC" excepted in one
> case - around the line 1450 of fs-ecos.c- where we find "return ENOSPC":
> fonction jffs2_fo_write()
> if (writtenlen != len)
> return ENOSPC;
> This difference forces the application to check the two cases; -ENOPSC and
> ENOPSC if it wants detect the lack of space in FLASH.
> Anybody could assure me that is an "error" ?
It is a known bug.
Im sure there are more than just this one case you have found. It
really needs somebody to systematically check every return code and
look for negative values which should be positive.
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss