This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Socket UDP
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>
- To: Michele Da Meda <dm_mic at libero dot it>
- Cc: ecos-discuss <ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 12:28:54 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] Socket UDP
- References: <005601c5f65e$61ce5cc0$5700a8c0@PORTATILE>
On Thu, Dec 01, 2005 at 11:02:47AM +0100, Michele Da Meda wrote:
> Hi all,
> my application uses UDP socket, i have a problem with SOCK_DGRAM and
> I make a BIND with these paramethers :
> sin_family = AF_INET
> sin_addr = inet_addr("192.168.0.253")
> sin_port = (unsigned short)htons(1900)
> with a socket like this : socket(AF_INET, SOCK_DGRAM, 0);
> I read that UDP socket not work properly, and is better use "socketcall" ,
> but i don't know how.
The eCos TCP/IP stack does work. Sockets work as normal.
Where have you read that they don't?
socketcall().... Are you using the linux synthetic target?
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss