Re: Need Info on FootPrint and bootup time

Mahesh,

> 1.      Memory Footprint, dynamic RAM usage for a bare minimum kernel

 In my experience with  ARM7TDMI you can get the kernel down to about 2kB of RAM.
Of course you have to compromise and tune it but it still a usable system.
Once I got to 2kB I have stopped tunig it that but I think it could be squeezed
even more.

 In my case the port was for Philips ARM family of LPC213x/4x. On a high end
devices like LPC2138 and LPC2148 it gives you about 30kB or 38kB of RAM for
user applications which is plenty for me.

>2.      Boot up time
Depends on your start-up code and specific CPU, do you intialize a lot of hardware?
If not then it can be very fast.

>3.      Interrupt latency
I have not measured it yet and I am very curious if anybody has a hard interrupt latency
and jitter numbers.

Thanks,
Pawel Wodnicki

From: <mahesh.kalachary@wipro.com>