Re: newbie - porting question

In gmane.os.ecos.general, you wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a newbie. Another one... :)
>
> I'm trying to port the eCOS on Coldfire MCF5235. Of
> course, I have read part of Massa's book and I have
> understood that I can use an existing similar HAL
> baseline as starting point for my task. In the Massa's
> book that there is another Coldfire porting, but I'll
> need one extra driver for USB, too. Anyway I did not
> find the Coldfire in the Supported Hardware list on
> the ecos web site, which is another problem for me?
>
> Can anyone tell me, from your previous experience, how
> long does it take to accomplish such a porting? An
> approximate figure, of course?

Assuming there's already a port to the architecture (e.g.
there's already a port for the CPU core, but you're doing all
new peripherals), it takes a couple weeks to do a port.  If the
basic peripherals are the same (timers, interrupt controller),
it should only take a week or so.

That assumes you already have a toolchain up and running.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'm also against
                                  at               BODY-SURFING!!