Re: Redboot in a Router

Gary Thomas wrote:

Do you know what version of eCos/RedBoot is used in this router? It is possible, albeit remote, that it uses a pre-GPL licensed version of eCos, in which case the GPL protection above does not apply.

That's a good point - from the ecos-patches post I linked to I was inferring it was post 2.0, but of course it may not be. The RedBoot banner gives the version number.

Inventel must still have made the sources available to Red Hat in that case, but that becomes Red Hat's problem.