To: "Stefan Sommerfeld" <zerocom@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Cc: "eCos Discussion" <ecos-discuss@ecos.sourceware.org>
Sent: Donnerstag, 21. Juli 2005 00:49
Subject: Re: [ECOS] Reboot flashing from eCos system?

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 23:38 +0200, Stefan Sommerfeld wrote:
Hi,

>> Is it possible to re-flash reboot from a running ecos system? I need >> to
>> flash a whole system (inclusive reboot) for production, but i'm not >> sure
>> if
>> i can flash reboot besides the normal system (ecos and configs).
>
> Yes, if your RedBoot runs in ROMRAM mode, then this would be safe.

Thanks ... you're understanding me. I, of course, talked about RedBoot.

Any chance to do this with a ROM RedBoot? I have a pre-installed RedBoot on
a module which i want to replace. I'm thinking about disabling all IRQ's,
MMU tables should already be in RAM, so if there's no special locking
mechanism in RedBoot, flashing should work.

Probably *not* safe as there are many mechanisms within RedBoot that your application will rely upon, unless you disable CYGSEM_HAL_USE_ROM_MONITOR