Switching from AT91SAM7 to LPC2106

Well, I actually switched to the LPC2106, as suggested :-)
i built the template LPC2106 RedBoot with no errors and downloaded the redboot.bin to the target
using a j-link JTAG adapter.
After resetting the target the redboot prompt popped up in the hyper terminal window but then it seemed to hang.
I rebuilt redboot, using the assertions and trace infrastructure to get a better picture of the problem.
unfortunately, i don't even see the redboot promt anymore, no matter what i do.
Using the Philips flash tool doesn't help either.
What am i soing wrong here ?
could somebody please help.
thanks a lot in advance.

cheers,