Re: Serial Port , Raw Mode using cyg_io_read

Annamalai Prakash wrote:

On Wednesday 06 July 2005 02:32 pm, you wrote:

Hi,

Did you tried to open the /dev/ser0 , /dev/ser1 ? Something like:

err = cyg_io_lookup( "/dev/ser1", &fd );

yes, i tried to open ... it was opened...... but i want to make sure, whether it is RAW Mode or TTY Mode.

If you want raw mode, you should open /dev/ser0 and if you want tty use /dev/tty0 . You cand find the name of the devices in the ecos.ecc file of your build tree.
You can imagine some test case, something like sending an out of the range for tty char over the serial port and trying to read it from your PC. If you have a tty driver you will get nothing on the serial of the PC, else you will get the char. First of all, be sure that the serial on your Integrator works.

Edgar

Edgar

Prakash

Annamalai Prakash wrote:

Hi List,

I am working on ARM920T (Integrator) and ecos. I have configured my
kernel with posix and Serial device drivers.  following options are
enabled in my config file.

         CYGOPT_IO_SERIAL_SUPPORT_NONBLOCKING
  CYGPKG_IO_SERAIL_TTY
   CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_TTY_TTY1
  CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES
  CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_ARM_INTEGRATOR_SERIAL1

     I want to configure my serial port in RAW mode.  i think ecos
supports two serial port drivers (raw and tty driver). Is there any
explicit option to specify  for RAW drivers.  I tried to disable
(CYGPKG_IO_SERAIL_TTY_TTY1) option, i wasnot able to read/write anything
from serial port even opened successfully.

     I tried to use OPEN call also. i got compilation error due to
unresolved symbols `O_NDELAY' ,`B115200' ,`CLOCAL' ,`CREAD' . i have
decleared terminos.h ..

Any lights to move furthur..

Thanks
Prakash