Re: Possible fix for duplicated ARP entries in the FreeBSD stack

Andrew Lunn <andrew@lunn.ch> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2005 at 12:57:49PM +0200, Sturle Mastberg wrote:
> > Gary Thomas wrote:

> I beleave Nick did this for IPv6. This bigger size allows an IPv6
> address to be placed into a sockaddr which you cannot normally do.

I thought that initially and had a look. The change I made was to
struct sockaddr_in to make it match the increased sockaddr size so
that some punned data structures would match. I think the change to
struct sockaddr was done by Gary during the initial port to make IPv6
addresses fit correctly. I'm sure it all has something to do with the
lack of user/kernel space and the fact that we don't copy things to
and fro as much as the BSD kernel does.

--
Nick Garnett                                     eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com                The eCos and RedBoot experts