Run Time Loader (without RedBoot)

Hi,
I'm moving from pSos to eCos. There was a very usefull feature in pSos that I can't find in eCos, which is the run time loader.
In know that RedBoot can load images from flash to it's RAM location, but I don't want to use RedBoot, and I need to load a relocatable image, i.e. a location-independent image.
Actually, my system is composed of 2 parts :
- 1rst part, the "Bios", wich includes eCos and some drivers to the hardware of our card
- 2nd part, the "Application", wich make use of the bios to access the hardware features.
I want first to run the Bios, initialize my hardware, then load the application in RAM to be executed.
But I would like to be able to load this application anywhere int the RAM, where there is some place left actually, which is not know at link time of the application. I want to keep the Application as much independent as possible of the Bios version.
I'm sure somebody has already encoutered this problem, but I did not find any post about it, and I run out of keyword to get some help through Google.
Thank you for your help
Guilly