RE: 1st build of redboot

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 11:41 -0700, Greg Lindberg wrote:
> Sorry about the reply.
>
> I tried what you suggested and the ecosconfig program does not exist in the
> resulting tree.  I had run configure, make and make install on the cvs tree
> initially and had not found the ecosconfig program which is why I had gone
> to the ecos installer.
>
> As far as trying to improve the documentation, I am new to the Redboot and
> eCos environment.  If I can't figure out how to do the initial install of
> the tools because the documentation leaves out important pieces, I'm not
> going to be able to get to the point where I can contribute any useful
> suggestions.  It appears to me, from my experience, that the documentation
> should say that you have to go through the ecos install to get the tools
> before trying to install the redboot cvs code.  If there is a way to pull
> from cvs and generate the tools, I haven't been able to figure out how to do
> it.  I've run configure and make & make install in several ways on a cvs
> tree and have not been able to find the ecosconfig program that is then
> necessary to configure the code to produce a version of the Redboot loader.
> It's possible that I've missed something, so any help is still appreciated.

When you did the checkout, what module did you use?  To get the tools,
I always checkout 'ecos-full', e.g.
  % cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos co ecos-full

If you just checkout 'ecos' you get a rather minimal tree.  If you
want to add the tools to an already checked out tree, just use:
  % cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@sources.redhat.com:/cvs/ecos co ecos-host