Re: synthetic target serial support

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 11:56:29AM +0200, Nelly Pison wrote:
> OK, I have installed it on my linux with the ecos repository, make what
> is indicated in the readme (except for the pseudo ttys that I don't need) .
> Then with configTool I create an ecc with the  template "Linux synthetic
> target"
> and I try to add the package "Synthetic target serial driver" but
> configTool refuse with the error message :
> " Add and Remove hardware packages by selecting a new hardware template"
> What is the problem?

The config tool has a "feature" that it wont add/remove hardware
packages. ecosconfig, the CLI tool is more flexiable and will do
this. The other option is to edit the

target linux {
        alias           { "Linux synthetic target" i386linux }
        packages        { CYGPKG_HAL_SYNTH

and just add the serial device driver package.

> Note : I saw that in the synthserial.cdl file the parent is
> CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES and I don't find it in the ecos.db file

This is not a package, its a component. Its defined in the
CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL package. Most templates include this package, so all
you need to do is enable the option CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES.

        Andrew