config file update with hw package...

Hi:

We are trying to add a harware package to an already existing .ECC config file that was based on an older hardware template.
The hardware template did not contain this hardware package at the time the .ecc file was created. Now the hardware template was updated (by hand editing ecos.db file) to contain this hardware pkg. But the older .ecc file doesnot contain this hardware pkg now and we are not able to add it also.
The config tool gives an error 'add/remove hw pkgs by choosing a new hw template'.
If we create a new .ecc config file, it does contain the hw pkg. But the older .ecc config files are not editable to add this hw pkg.

Are we missing something here..?

Thanks,
/Badri