Re: Problem with flash device entry in __DEVTAB__

On Tue, 2005-03-08 at 02:12 -0800, Ringo wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have an eCos bootloader, and I am trying to test some
> read-writes on the flash device.
>
> But when cyg_io_lookup() is called, it goes for only 2 loops,
> it detects /dev/ttydiag and /dev/haldiag. And it does not
> search the driver handler for flash device (/dev/flash1).
>
> >From analyzing this function, I am able to make out that the
> device entry structure __DEVTAB__ does not have entry for
> /dev/flash1.
>
> Can you please tell me how to put the flash device entry in
> __DEVTAB__ so that the cyg_io_lookup will return the flash
> driver handler ?

My guess is that somehow your driver did not get put into
libextras.a  Check your build rules (use other FLASH drivers
as examples)

Note: was there a reason for you to send this query 6 times?
I doubt it had any [positive] affect on your chances of getting
a speedy reply...