Re: FAT file system on floppy -> what do i need

"B.E.Comp Project" <comp.project@gmail.com> writes:

> > Well, you need to check up on the "io_disk interface" that Savin
> > mentioned.  You would also need to implement write functionality.
> > I just needed reading...

> i have written reply to savin as well regarding that but it doesn't
> appeared on on the mailing list (for the same reason as above)

I see something here: packages/io/disk/current/src/disk.c

> > > for related references which u used to write that .

> > You can get Scivoli from the URL above - it uses the driver to
> > read straight off the disk.  I'm in the process of uploading a
> > tarball as well.

> yes.that will give me the appilications for using ur driver.  what
> related references will be useful for understanding the FDC driver
> part of it . original driver which you are talking about . any other

Look up Minix on google.  Its source code is available under the BSD
license, and it's a fine operating system to learn from, as it's
simple and clearly written.  You should definitely have a look at it.

Good luck,
--
David N. Welton
 - http://www.dedasys.com/davidw/