Re: problem building a trivial application witharm-linux-xxxx

On Tue, 2005-02-01 at 16:18 +0100, bardozs@esiee.fr wrote:
> Hi all,
>   First of all, I work with the Arcom Viper board based on Intel
> Xscale PXA255.
>   I'm a beginner in this field so I would like to try eCos with a
> simple program which allows me to start a much bigger project.
>  So my application is:
>
> int main(void)
> {
>  printf("hello eCos world!!");
>  return 0;
> }
>
>    Then I build using:
> /opt/arcom/bin/arm-linux-gcc -g -I/nec5/ecos/bla/tet_install/include
> hello.c -I/home/nec5/ecos/bla/tet_install/lib -Ttarget.ld
>
>    But it failed and return me:
> bash: /opt/arcom/bin/arm-linux-gcc: /lib/ld-lsb.so.1: bad ELF
> interpreter: no such file or directory

A couple of things:
* You should not be building eCos applications with arm-linux-gcc.
  eCos programs should be built using arm-elf-gcc
* Look at how our examples and tests are built.  Look in ecos/examples
  You might also want to use the build_Makefile script which can
  simplify this process immensely.
* You can find some examples, including the details of how to build
  applications, etc, at http://www.mlbassoc.com/examples/
* Finally - you should probably ask Arcom about the tools they have
  provided as these are outside of what's supported by the eCos
  community directly.

n.b. The error message you have implies that the arm-linux-gcc
compiler was built for ARM and is not a cross compiler at all.