Re: Can someone fix this mailing list?

Hi Paul

Paul D. DeRocco wrote:

From: Gary Thomas [mailto:gary@mlbassoc.com]

Sorry, but no.  We've been around this topic before and the consensus
is that automatic reply-to the list address causes much more pain than
having to hit "reply to all".

Well, if that's actually the consensus, then so be it. In my experience, that's not the consensus in most of the mailing list universe, which means that one develops the habit of hitting Ctrl+R when replying. And replying to all isn't what I want, either--I prefer only replying to the list, because I prefer not getting two copies of responses to my messages.

List behaviour is indeed a matter of personal preference. Personally, I am firmly against the setting of the Reply-To header by list management software. The following page gives a concise set of arguments against such behaviour:

John Dallaway
eCosCentric Limited