PXA255 - Xscale - Peripheral access question

Hello,

I am using an xscale module that has redboot on it and
I am trying to interface a peripheral at address
0x34000000 [Socket 1 reserved space]. The registers
are supposed to be in this space.

When I do a x -b 0x34000000 -l 512 it returns 0x00's.
Do I need to setup any kind of mapping for access to
the socket 0,socket 1 address space?

I have led's on pce1,pce2 lines and nothing happens to
them so it looks like cpu is not changing those lines.
I've tried with longer -l <> to see if the blink is
too short but nothing happens. I don't have a logic
analyzer so would need some way of debugging this.

Any pointers??

Thanks
Nirmal