changing 32 bit reboot code to 64 bit

I am trying to get redboot Running basing my code on the RM7000 OCELOT packages v2.0. The main differences are I have 128MB of SDRAM and compiling for 64 bit bus. The software hangs when I call the hal_platform_init() from vectors.s(one of the first called C functions in the code). I'm wondering if my problems are from attempting to use 64 bit bus? Has anyone come across similar problems? Is there any else I should change in the config tool configurations other than below?

I am able to configure the SDRAM, run a SDRAM POST test and set cache. I believe cache is working correctly as I added some assembly code to read and write to cached memory.

To change to 64 bit I change the global CFLAGS from .mips2 to .mips64 and changed global LDFLAGS from .mips32 to .mips64. I also took out some .mips3 statements from assembly code. I also changed the Variant 64 bit architecture support and 64 bit FPU support.

Frank