Redboot network issues

Hello,

I have some custom hardware based on AT91-ARM7.  As an option, the board
may or may not have the network chip (CS8900).

I have the driver working well for this configuration as Redboot is
accessible via telnet, and the tftp load works, also I have run some
of the networks tests.

A problem that I have is that I have not been able to debug via Redboot
and the network connection.  When I issue the 'load' command from gdb /
Insight, the load starts (a few packets are transferred), but the load
stops and the board is locked up.

A related issue is that if I try to use the 'network-enabled' Redboot
image, and try to use the serial port to debug, I get the same result-
during the 'load' the transfer stops.

My gut tells me that for some reason Redboot is loosing it's channel
to the built-in gdb stub.

Any ideas on what is going on ?  Configuration option that I'm missing ?

Follow on question:

If I remove the network chip (adapter) The network-enabled Redboot
image boots and gives the predictable error that it can't find the network
adapter.  If this is the case, I still would like to use serial based
debugging, but this does not work because of the above problem.  (I would
think that this should be ok.)

If I build a Redboot image that has just has serial support (sans Redboot
stack), all is happy- with or without the network adapter installed.

Thanks for the help,

-S