AT91 dropping chars at low speeds

I've been struggling with EB40a dropping chars when both
the serial ports are running. This problem exists even at feeble speeds
like 38400.

Any insights or independent confirmation of this problem would be
welcome! :-)

Attached is the workaround I'm currently testing. Looks much better so
far.

--
Øyvind Harboe
http://www.zylin.com