RE: Difference between object file and archive

> From: Meulendijks, J.
>
> OK. That's clear but for example I have a section reset and I use
> this section
> in the linkerscript like:
> .reset : { *(.reset) }
>
> So then I using it (I thought) but when I look in the .map file
> it's not there!

Just mentioning a section name in a linker script doesn't pull in a
particular module from an archive. You have to use a symbol (not a section)
defined in the module. You can use the -u command line option, or the EXTERN
linker script command, to mention such a symbol and cause the module that
defines it to be pulled in.

If the module you're trying to include has no public symbols in it, then
you'll have to rewrite it, perhaps labeling the first byte in your "reset"
section with a symbol like "reset_start".

--

Ciao,               Paul D. DeRocco