Re: Changing the default boot flash device in Redboot

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 04:50:53PM -0000, Vanitha Ramaswami wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I want to change the default boot flash device changed to another flash
> chip located in CS1 in my IXP425 reference platform. The version of redboot
> i have right now boots from the flash located in CS0. Where should i change
> in redboot in order to boot from the flash chip located in CS1 ?  I am able
> to recompile the redboot source and run in my platform. Can you tell the
> places where should i look at to change the default boot flash chip?

Before changing the software, i have another question. Is the hardware
capable of booting from a different address?

Normally at boot time the flash is mapped to address 0. Early on in
the boot sequence this mapping is changed to that there is RAM at
address 0. Can you control the hardware which does this mapping so
that it maps a different flash device to 0 at boot time? Is there a
jumper on the board?

        Andrew