Re: CerfBoard 250

On October 4, 2004 06:57 pm, Gary Thomas wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 16:52, Stephan Bourduas wrote:
> > I have a cerfboard 250 which has an XScale processor from intel on it.  I
> > was wondering if anyone knows how to get eCos/redboot working with this
> > platform.
> >
> > I see that in the supported platforms page, the CerfCube using SA1100 is
> > supported.  Does anyone have any idea how similar the CerfCube and
> > CerfBoard are?
>
> I don't know first hand, but I would guess that they are quite
> different.
>
> The CerfCube (SA1110) port was contributed by Intrynsic.  You might
> ask them about a port.

I've been digging trough the HAL repository, and I
see: /hal/arm/xscale/pxa2x0/

description   "
        This HAL variant package provides generic
        support for the Intel PXA2x0 processors. It is also
        necessary to select a specific target platform HAL
        package."

I'm wondering if I can use this in combination with a modified CerfCube HAL
and get it to fit my CerfBoard 250.  What do you think?  I've never tried to
port eCos, but I *think* that a lot of the work is already done.  Any
thoughts?

Stephan