Re: IPV6 Testing

On Tue, Aug 24, 2004 at 07:07:44PM -0700, bhanuprakash kandimalla wrote:
> Hello ECOS World:
> I am testing ecos for i386pc(with net template). I am
> using the test case as mentioned in the ecos document.
> When I called the (ping_test.c file) net_test()
> function ( I commented the ipv4 part) I am always
> getting the following message: "No Router
> advertisement received"
> Which means that cyg_net_get_ipv6_advrouter() is
> returning 0. Can someone suggest me what this
> net_test() will test for IPV6. My intention is to
> ping6 another IPV6 host. The ping from another ipv6
> host to the target is working just fine.

By default, eCos expects an IPv6 router advertisent server, such as
radvd, on the network. This allows the IPv6 host to make its own IP
address from the network portion advertised in the rputer advert and
the MAC address for the lower part of the IP address.

Either starically configure the IPv6 addresses or start a radvd
daemon.

        Andrew