Re: MIPS 5KC Target

Please CC replies to the ecos-discuss list. Direct messages may be ignored.

"Devaughn, Hans" <hans.devaughn@siemens.com> writes:

> Nick,
>
> Thanks for your speedy reply. I can build both the Atlas and Malta 4KC
> images and get them to link. Could you look at the makefile for the 5KC from
> your build. This is what I have for the cache support
>
> headers: mlt_headers $(PREFIX)/include/cyg/hal/variant.inc
> $(PREFIX)/include/cyg/hal/var_arch.h $(PREFIX)/include/cyg/hal/var_cache.h
> $(PREFIX)/include/cyg/hal/var_intr.h
>
> and
>
> $(PREFIX)/include/cyg/hal/var_cache.h:
> $(REPOSITORY)/$(PACKAGE)/include/var_cache.h
> ifeq ($(HOST),CYGWIN)
> 	@mkdir -p `cygpath -w "$(dir $@)" | sed "s@\\\\\\\\@/@g"`
> else
> 	@mkdir -p $(dir $@)
> endif
> 	@cp $< $@
> 	@chmod u+w $@

There doesn't seem to be anything wrong here.

> It is the $(PREFIX)/include/cyg/hal/var_cache.h header file that kicks the
> error out. The $(REPOSITORY)/$(PACKAGE)/include/var_cache.h file is the one
> that supports the MIPS64.

So, let me get this right. Although $(REPOSITORY)/$(PACKAGE)/include/var_cache.h
points to the correct file, somehow you are getting the mips32 version
of the file instead? That does not make any sense.

What does the $(PACKAGE) variable contain? It should be
"hal/mips/mips64/current".

Are you configuring in a fresh directory? Trying to move an existing
configuration from one target to another sometimes leaves remnants of
the old configuration around.

> I am using John's latest version of configtool (version 2.net, June 23, 2004
> which I downloaded from the Ecoscentric web site). I am using the mipsisa-32
> gnutools, version 3.2.1, prebuilt. I have not used ecosconfig, but have the
> John's latest version also.

Try using ecosconfig. The following commands are what I used to test with:

$ mkdir atlas5kc.ram.kernel
$ cd atlas5kc.ram.kernel
$ ecosconfig new atlas_mips64_5kc kernel
$ ecosconfig tree
$ make