Re: fatfs help.

David Brennan wrote:

I am using fatfs on i386 pc ide device and am having a problem. I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction for a solution.

First, I am not a FS genius, nor a FAT expert. So please bear with me.

If I unlink a file in eCos, a "dir" from within eCos shows the file missing.
When I reboot the system into FreeDos (0.9rc5, if that matters) the file is still in the directory listing.
Rebooting back into the eCos app still shows the file missing (it's not a cached fat table issue).

Is the problem most likely eCos fatfs, pc-ide driver, FreeDos?

Any tips on how to narrow the problem down would be greatly appreciated. I know I could turn on some of the tracing in the fatfs, but I still wouldn't be able to read/understand that. But if someone else can decode it, I can provide the data.

The fat file system was formatted originally with MS-DOS 6.22. The drive has been converted to FreeDos 0.9rc5 kernel, but never reformatted. It is a 192MB CF card.

Did you try to read the CF in anodher system (linux or windows) ?

Does this error also occour with an CF formatted from linux or windows ?

Do you use the fatfs from CVS or some newer version (I posted some patches on ecos-patches list) ?

Can you provide a test case in form of a small program wich creates and deletes a file ?

Alternatively if you send me the trace output I'll check it.

savin