Re: HyperTerminal

--- Nick Garnett <nickg@ecoscentric.com> wrote:

> Please keep the discussion on the ecos-discuss list.
> Directly
> addressed messages may be ignored. Personal support
> is only available
> on a consultancy basis.
>

> Muna Hummady <muna_hummady@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > > hello
> >  Please there is some thing I could'nt understand
> it
> > and could'nt do it.
> > When I'm doing on the host target
> >         (gdb) target remote /dev/ttyS0
> > you tell me that the host is connected to the
> remote
> > target and I could load any test file to the
> remote
> > target through HyperTerminal. when I'm doing that
> > instruction the remote target halted and the
> keyboard
> > halted so i could'nt do anything on the remote
> target.
> >
> > please tell how to solve this problem?
>
> This is not what I'm telling you at all. Run
> HyperTerminal without
> running GDB to check that the target RedBoot is
> functioning
> correctly. Only when you are sure of that should you
> then run GDB.
>
> --
> Nick Garnett                    eCos Kernel
> Architect
> http://www.ecoscentric.com/     The eCos and RedBoot
> experts

hello
1-I'm running the HyperTerminal on windows and I could
talk to RedBoot and run the (basic1.srec) program from
the (s/w development with eCos by Anthony Massa).

But I coud'nt run any of the test programs except
hello program.
how can I run them? If there any changes I must do it
before run them?

2- When I'm trying to debug the basic1 program using
gdb, i coud'nt.
I found in the mailing list,that I must enable the
CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES
   A-When I'm trying to enable it in ecos.db.
     told me that no package appear in ecos.db with
this name.

   B- using
       ecosconfig add CYGPKG_IO_SERIAL_DEVICES
      told me that it is'nt a package.

   C- by editing the ecos.ecc and make its
      (user value 1)and enable others related with it.

      when doing ecosconfig tree
      it return disabled

Please tell me how to enable it!!!!!!!!!
                          Thanks
                          Muna